March 9, 2010

My little Animal!!!!

Photobucket
Here are some fun pictures of Kyle competing at the CrossFit Qualifications, what a fun time it was. As you can see my husband is pretty ripped and strong!! Everything a girl dreams of RIGHT!
Watching Kyle over the last 10 months start his own gym and train himself for the CrossFit Games has been the most amazing thing to watch. Not only was I so proud of Kyle and Kade to start their own gym that they have such a passion for, but to watch Kyle compete for the CrossFit Games was another thing. It was the most inspiring event I have ever been to. I have never wanted to be more in shape in my life, or to even want to be strong. CrossFit is seriously in a category of its own.
Kyle did so well, even considering that his first day he was a little off. Kyle wasn't feeling totally himself the first day. Kyle hurt his back at the beginning of the week and tried working it out by the weekend. Kyle still managed to come in 4th on his first work out, 6th on his second, 24th on his third, and 8th place on the fourth which was the next day. After Kyle's second workout is when he really took the hardest hit. Kyle laid on the floor for about 20 minutes straight not able to get up. He of course made it look like he was totally fine, but I could tell he was not feeling up to par. Kyle then got an IV to get some fluids in him and continued throughout the day. Kyle's amazing to me, he is the most humbled athlete I have ever met. No matter how good at something he is or how well he looks he would never flaunt it or act like it. He truly is so incredible with his strength and ability to compete. Kyle came into 5th place overall with about 80 competitors. Kyle will now be going to the CrossFit Regionals in Washington on 15th of May. I won't be able to make it unfortunately since my due date is May 29th and Im pretty sure a car ride that far wouldn't be that fun and a plane ride is out of the question:( I think Kyle is going to do great. they only pick like the top 4 from a few different regions so it will defiantly be harder to make. If he makes it then he goes to the official CrossFit Games in July!!!! I hope he makes it!