May 31, 2010

What everyone has all been waiting for!!!

Welcome Jack Kyle Boyer
born May 13, 2010
7 pounds 9 ounces 19 inches long
Photobucket

Photobucket
The story below is for the eyes of those who can handle hearing a blunt delivery story.

Jacks delivery story,
It was May 10, 2010 and I had my second weekly doctor visit. I had moved from being dilated from a 1 ½ to a 2 and was told that Jack was low and getting ready to go. I then cleaned a house that day which wasn’t that bad and then tried to take it easy the next day which wasn’t that easy since I had co-op and some things to get done. I then felt like little Jack was soon on his way and I had started contracting off and on but they started getting stronger so I felt like time was coming to an end. I then woke up Wednesday May 12, 2010 and decided that thing should be checked out before two of the men in my life were leaving out of town. That would be Kyle and the doctor who both need to be there. I had also lost my mucus plug and started what they call, “the bloody show” this day. So I went into the doctors to hear him say that I had only moved maybe a ½ and that I need to just be on bed rest until they both got back Saturday night. So I left the doctors thinking I most likely wont go and that I will just finish what I had going on that day and then take it easy while the men were gone. So Kyle left around 2:00 pm that day to head up north for the high school baseball state tournament. Carrie Jensen who is a great friend and my birthing coach also known as a Doula came with me cleaning to help vacuum and then came back over to my house later that day to play with Brecke while I got some much needed grocery shopping done. I stocked up and came home and got the house in order and sooner then later my two girlfriends showed up to help me get my nursery together before little Jack showed up. My girlfriends and I were up until about 11:30pm and then as they were leaving Brecke woke up very feverish and sick. Poor little Brecke sounded so bad and I just knew she had to have gotten Croop from her little friend who just got over it. I got her back to sleep about 1:00 am and hit the sack.
I was having some pretty intense dreams about contractions and going into labor and then before you knew it I was awake and feeling real contractions. I finally decided that I would call my Doula at 3:00am when an hour went by and they were still present. She had advised me to get in the tube and relax and maybe they would go away. I then took a bath for an hour and then got in the shower about 15 minutes after too. The whole time the contractions varied between 4 to 6 minutes apart and so I had a feeling this wasn’t going in the boy’s favor. My Doula then showed up at about 4:00am and started tracking my contractions. They were only getting stronger and stronger along with going through the textbook of labor. I was hungry then sick and then had to go to the bathroom allot. It then was about 5:30 am and I decided I better give Kyle heads up if he was going to have to rent a car and drive home. Well I called him for about an hour straight and he was not answering his phone. Finally he called back around 6:00am and said he would figure out how he was going to get home. It was a good thing he decided to fly home because it was only 3 hours or so before my water broke and it was hospital time. Laboring at home until the hospital wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, in fact now that I have gone through the whole process natural I would say that was a piece of cake. I would keep busy and when a contraction would hit I would hit the floor on all fours and bear the pain while my Doula did some pressure positions on my hips that help ease the pain. It also helped every time I hit the floor for a contraction Brecke would come running over to me to make sure I was ok. She would stroke my hair or rub my arm and back. It was as we were getting ready to get all the stuff packed in the car that I was sitting at the computer desk printing my birth plan and a contraction hit. As I dropped to the floor I felt like I had tinkled in my pants. I went to the bathroom to see if this is what the called “the water breaking” and I was still a little puzzled. We then loaded up and Kyle’s friend Lee stopped by and happened to be able to take Brecke since my girlfriend that was designated to take her was on her way home from Vegas. As we headed to the hospital I tried making a call, which ended up with my phone being hung up and thrown over to Kyle. I only had to endure one contraction in the car but it was defiantly very uncomfortable. As we were walking up to the hospital doors another contraction hit and the rest of my “water broke”. As I walked through the doors it as if they all knew the pain was coming on fast. There was about three nurses there greeting us to get me taken care of. I got checked into my room and another contraction came on pretty strong in fact I think I could call this the first very painful contraction now that all my “water was broke”.
I actually was in the middle of telling my doctor that I didn’t make it and that I was going to have the on call doctor deliver the baby and then the phone was thrown to Kyle. I started crying through the middle of this contractions and started getting very scared and wondering if I was going to be able to make it through this. I then remember looking at the wall that was face to face with me since I was draping myself over the top of the couch that was in the room and said to myself, “Tiffany do not start crying or getting scared, you have prepared keep going”. From this point on I was in a very different state of mind. I was told after that there were may time that Kyle and Carrie were talking to me and could tell I was in my own world getting through this big adventure that I was headed straight in for. I then got on the bed so that they could monitor the baby’s heart rate for a while and make sure everything sounded ok. This was a task since it hurt so bad to sit in a up right position. After being checked they confirmed that my water had broken on its own and that I was dilated to a 5 and 80% effaced. The baby sound great and then it was getting in a position that I could endure this pain I was experiencing. They lowered the end of the bed so I could drape myself over the edge of the middle of the bed with the upper half in the full up right position where I pressed my head with major force every time a contraction hit. At one point I did try to move to the bathroom to sit on the toilet where I was told this position was nice. That was not the case for me. This position hurt even worse. I had to wait for about two contractions to pass before I could move back to the bed. I even hit the shower first before I made it back to the bed. I then labored the rest of the time in the bed on all fours. The nurses and doctor had to turn me around a couple of times to check me and that was the worst pain when I would have to get in a up right sitting position. I was then coming to the end when my body would automatically start pushing every time a contraction hit. It was the oddest feeling to have your body automatically push like you were trying to go to the bathroom all on its own. I believe this is when I started to get a little more vocal then I thought I would ever get. I would grab a hold of Kyle’s arm and shove my head into his chest and lean back in a squat position like something was going to come out any minute, but yet every time nothing did. I could literally feel the baby descending through the canal. I had a handful of these types of contractions and then before I knew it they told me to turn around that we were going to start pushing. So the dreaded position haunted me and when they turned me around it hit like I had never imagined and I could feel that I was really really having to push to get the baby out.
I gave one really hard push that was the worst pain I had ever felt and then I was told I needed to get in a more curled position and push harder. Another contraction came and a push came and again the pain was unreal. I pushed with all my might and was screaming like I have never done in my life. I was even screaming to have the doctor pull him out. When he didn’t come out as quickly as I thought the doctor got stern with me for a second and then nurses ran in and also started yelling at me to push. I knew I had to try something different then what I was doing, because I felt like I was giving it my all. I pushed again as hard as possible and then little baby Jack finally entered the world! They put Jack up on me as soon as he came out and I held him in my arm saying over and over again I can’t believe I did it. I just keep waiting for Jack to start crying or take his first deep breath and he never really did. Jack was very blue and limp. I kept lightly blowing on his face and when they sucked his mouth out quiet a few times and he still didn’t cry or gasp like most babies do when they come out, they grab the baby from me. The specialists then came in and started working on Jack. They explained to Kyle that his shoulders got stuck during his arrival and that it can put pressure in the head and lungs, which made him not take that first big breath. They put a tube in his mouth to fill his lungs with air and help them fill up. They then put a breathing mask on him and explained that he was doing well and that he was breathing on his own they were just helping him a little. After they got him stable breathing well on his own they then bundled him up and brought him back over to me.
I then finally got to have my skin-to-skin time with Jack and fed him for the first time. Jack attached just perfect when I fed him and we then snuggled and took a little nap before we were moved to our recovery room. Kyle was also very anxious to have his skin-to-skin time with Jack. Before we moved rooms Kyle laid on the couch with Jack and had his skin to skin time. Over all it was an incredible experience. It was the worst pain I could have ever felt towards the end but yet very cool to feel. When I think of only having two hours of horrible pain it almost seems worth it to do it again. I labored from 2:00 am to 1:00 pm and then we had our 7 pounds 9 ounces 19 inches baby boy! Kyle and Carrie were amazing getting me through this process. I was especially so amazed at Kyle and how he was so supportive and would listen to what Carrie was telling him to do. Kyle breathed the whole time with me and didn’t even pass out. I remember at one point Carrie telling him to be careful cause he was breathing so intense with me. I defiantly recommend having a Doula if not for the purpose of helping you get through the process but to be there to support your husband who in turn is most likely supporting you. What an experience I will never forget. And just to let you all know Kyle loved every minute of it and even stated that he wants me to have all the rest of our children natural WE SHALL SEE…..

Photobucket
I had to post at least one picture of me and my cute girlfriend, Atia. We have been dear friends for almost 7 years now and I was honored to throw her a baby shower. Atia has an amazing strength and determination about her and is proud to be a first time mother of a little baby boy that will be joining us any day. It took Atia many many years to get pregnant and I was lucky to be pregnant with her to share our little boys life's together. we are only about 2 weeks apart and this picture was taken when I was about 36 or 37 weeks and Atia is about 34/35 weeks.

Photobucket
Spring time at the ball park. We had so much fun this season watching Kyle's little brother play baseball here at Dixie State. GRandparents and cousins came a handful of time, which was so fun for Brecke!!!!!!